Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Weather just doesn't want to be normal

Today's weather alert, brought to you by the weatherchannel.com:

ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT PRESENTLY EXPECTED THAT IT WILL GET AS HOT AS IT DID DURING OUR BRIEF HEAT WAVE ABOUT A WEEK AGO... IT WILL NONETHELESS BE SIGNIFICANTLY WARMER THAN HAS BEEN CASE THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS... AND OVER THIS SUMMER SEASON IN GENERAL. PLEASE DO REMEMBER TO NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN AND PETS IN AN AUTOMOBILE... BEAT THE HEAT CHECK THE BACK SEAT! 

First of all, it's going to be 90 or so where I am, and I think that's only in the direct sunlight.  It's damn cool in the shade (well, it was last week).  I understand that if you go further inland, it is hotty hot hot everywhere, but it's not here, and that annoys me.

Second, who wrote this?  Maybe it's just me (probably), but the way all of this is phrased just strikes me as funny.  The temperature is going up! But not as much as it did almost a week ago in what we will call a "heat wave"!  And also it will be warmer than it has been since the days after the heat wave not so long ago!  Or all summer!  I can only speak for the 3 weeks of "summer" we've experienced here, but they have been so far from summer that I have gotten used to it and I am actually enjoying it being fall-like.  It makes for less sweaty biking experiences, but also fewer swimming excursions.  People, there is a 5 dollar admission pool in a place called Strawberry Canyon, and it's my goal to get all sweaty riding my bike up there at some point this summer just so I can actually go swimming.  I have not been swimming all summer.  And this was a horribly humid mess of a summer in NY.  Woe is me and what a cruel world we live in.

I'm not complaining, except that I do get frustrated when it's supposed to be 65 on Sunday.  That's my weekend, Mother Earth.  I need some warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment